Gold Top Organics' Hemp Oil is:
- produced by cold pressing hemp seeds without the use of chemicals.
- not refined, bleached, deodorized or filtered.
- free of genetically modified organisms.
- gluten and trans fat free.
- made preserving the natural antioxidants / tocopheroles / omega-3 and-6 poly-unsaturated fatty acids.
- made in a peanut-free and kosher approved facility.
- available in 250 ml and 500 ml glass bottles.
Hemp nuts and oils consists of oils, vitamins (particularly the tocopherols and tocotrienols of the Vitamin E complex), phytosterols and trace minerals. Hemp also contains all of the essential amino acids.
A 1999 workshop by the U.S. National Institute of Health (see http://ods.od.nih.gov/news/conferences/w6w3_abstracts.html) demonstrated the impressive benefits of a balanced omega-6 / omega-3 ratio in our diet: reduced risk of atherosclerosis, sudden cardiac death and certain types of cancers, decrease in the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, mood improvement in bipolar disorders and optimized development in infants.
Hemp oil has a omega-6 / omega-3 ratio of 3 : 1 or less which is better than the target ratio of 4:1 and compensates in part for omega-3 deficiencies in the rest of our diet. Hemp oil also provides significant amounts of the more rare 'super' polyunsaturated fatty acids, notably gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and stearidonic acid (SDA). These are not essential themselves, but our body only naturally produces them from the linoleic acid and alpha linolenic acid essential fatty acids, respectively. Supplementation with GLA and SDA appears to alleviate the symptoms of atopic dermatitis and other skin diseases in some patients.
Hemp oil typically contains less than 10% saturated fatty acids, and no trans-fatty acids, which are particularly detrimental to our blood cholesterol balance. Hemp oil is therefore nutritionally attractive. You can use it to help achieve a desirable omega-6 / omega-3 levels, obtain GLA and SDA fatty acids as well as to boost your intake of amino acids.
Why use this product?
Hemp contains a favourable omega-6 to omega-3 ratio of 3:1 or lower which is better than the target ratio of 4:1. A balanced omega-6: omega-3 ratio has been shown to:
- reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, sudden cardiac death and certain types of cancers.
- decrease in the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- improve mood in bipolar disorders.
- optimize development in infants.
Furthermore, hemp seeds and Gold Top Organics Hemp oil contains
- vitamins (e.g. particularly the tocopherols and tocotrienols of the Vitamin E complex), phytosterols and trace minerals.
- Hemp also contains all of the essential amino acids in nutritionally significant quantities and proportions.
- Hemp oil may therefore be a good addition to your diet by providing a good ratio of essential fatty acids, proteins, and vitamins.